Yum update after f17 -> f18 fedup via iso

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jan 15 17:54:36 UTC 2013

JOYCE POLZIN wrote:
> sudo yum update
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> Error: Package tuple ('libpng-compat', 'x86_64', '2', '1.5.10', '1.fc17') could
> not be found in rpmdb
>

> What's up with this??

With any db error it's good to try for a few hours, of try another server. The
rpmdb is not always updated atomically, and sometimes you catch an update in
progress or similar issue.

That doesn't mean "don't complain," just that "all mirrors are equal, but some
are more equal than others." I'm sure if the problem continues there will be
other reports, bugs filed, and fixes applied.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>