Replacing a messd up 18 with live install...fail

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 02:38:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 20:43 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:

> I already have an 18 installation which is somewhat messed up because at
> one point I had rawhide repos in my list. Repairs have been unsucessful.

I am assuming that you have a broken 18 install that you can still boot
to a log-in screen.

I had the same problem with rawhide packages that I was testing. I was
able to fix everything in a failsafe session. Once "yum check" was good,
I was able to install everything without a problem.

You might want to check yum grouplist and see what is says is
installed.