F17 NetworkManager doesn't prompt for wireless OTP

Chris Bredesen cbredesen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 04:26:53 UTC 2013

Hi List,

Been having an issue for at least a couple Fedora releases now (haven't
yet moved to F18...). Our work network allows authenticated Wireless
using a PIN+OTP. This works fine when I select the Wireless connection
explicitly. However, when that connection is already selected and I wake
the machine up or log into it, I never get the password prompt. I can't
seem to screen shot the GNOME 3 widget but the Wireless section says
something like "authencation requred" and it just sits there never
connecting to the OTP-authenticated connection. If I switch to another
connection and then back, I get the prompt right away and everything is
happy.

I do have the "ask for this password every time" box ticked in
nm-connection-editor. Is this a bug? NM version 0.9.6.4, same version
for nm-gnome.

Thanks,

Chris

--