Fedup for LVM?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Jan 17 05:02:23 UTC 2013

On 01/16/2013 05:33 AM, Steve Berg wrote:
> From what I've read it seems that
> the anaconda in F18 will not be able to deal with this setup like
> previous anaconda's.

Anaconda doesn't do upgrades anymore.  Other than that, if you linked to
what you'd read, it would help explain any issues that you might face.
I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that your setup
would be problematic under Anaconda (which will only do installs, not
upgrades).

> I haven't yet started to figure out a decent
> kickstart since supposedly that will get around the problem.

Kickstart shouldn't present any capabilities that aren't present in
Anaconda.

> My question is about fedup.  Will fedup be able to work with this sort
> of setup or should I put in the time to figure out a good kickstart config?

Yes, it should.  It'll boot the kernel that you're already running and
do an upgrade in the running system.