f-18 scfolling -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jan 17 13:41:43 UTC 2013

On 17/01/13 07:57, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> With GTK based apps I use the right mouse-button to page up/down,
> the mouse-wheel to scroll up/down in small steps, and the left
> mouse-button to position the slider freely. That's not specific
> to GNOME.
>
> --

    We are a family of track ball users, I have three on my desk. They
    have no "scroll wheel," but some have four buttons, none of which
    seem to improve the rate of scrolling. I press the right button and
    move the slider with the ball just as you do with the wheel I
    believe but on a large list moving about the slide one centimeter
    goes through five or six hundred messages, even lists of 150 are
    hard to deal with at that rate.

    What appears to be specific to F-18, and Gnome I guess, I've used
    XFCE only for a long time, is that the scroll buttons are missing
    and I wonder why? I know F-18 is what it is and my complaining wont
    change it ...

    Thank you,

    Bob

    --