f-18 scfolling -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jan 17 16:29:58 UTC 2013

On 17/01/13 10:38, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> I have gone through the same issue on a mouse-less, old synaptics
> touchpad-only system (no gestures, no multi-tap).
>
> In my case, something during the upgrade to f17 has changed xfce's
> "Appearance/Style" to using "Adwaita"-style. This style lacks "arrows"
> on scrollbars and therefore hardly usable in scenarios like yours or
> mine.
>
> Changing "Appearance/Style" to a different "style" through
> "Application Menu"->"Settings"->"Appearance"->"Style"
> brought back the "arrows".
>
> Ralf

    That seems to make scrolling through the e-mail list manageable
    again as long as I disable the "New Scroll Bars addon" to
    Thunderbird. That addon allows increasing the size, etc. But I can
    do without that.

    Thank you for the tip.

> P.S.: I am facing other issues with Gtk/Gnome based packages under
> xfwm, esp. gnome-terminal, e.g.
> - gnome-terminal seems to use black letters on black background by
> default.
> - changing the "style" as described above lets open gnome-terminals
> shrink and sometimes hang.
>
> --

    I probably would not notice this since I always reconfigure the
    terminal appearance for a larger white font on a black background
    which works better for my aging eyesight. I also prefer Deja vu sans
    mono because I can easily differentiate between I, 1, and l.

    Again thanks,

    Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD