fedup -> httpd error

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 17 18:20:58 UTC 2013

Am 17.01.2013 19:16, schrieb Steven Stern:
>> you missed that F18 comes with Apache 2.4 which is a major
>> upgrade after around 7 years since 2.2 and should be well
>> tested and prepared on staging machines
>>
> No, I saw it... I just didn't quite know what got removed and replaced.
>  I have now learned that httpd.conf should be kept as vanilla as
> possible. I've separated out the changes I need in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/localchanges.conf. So, in the future, I'll need to
> give minimal concern to httpd.conf and can just swap it with
> httpd.conf.rpmnew if things break.

finally it makes no difference :-)

changes like "Require User username" must now be "Require user username"
and replacement of modules or change of which functionality is included
in the default configuration will always break stuff

i had the fun on tuesday on the first testmachine and now working
on the fun of BC incompatible changes of PHP 5.4 which i luckily
did hold back for F17 on all of my machines and rebuilt still 5.3