A Look at Fedora 18

Mark Eggers mdeggers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:00:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:39:37 +0100, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:55:53PM +1030, Tim wrote:
>> Tim:
>>
>> Michael Schwendt:
>> > There is. It appears after you choose/enter the user name.
>>
>> There isn't.  Nowhere on the logon screen is anything that gives you a
>> desktop choice.
>>
>> I've seen that kind of option (either in a taskbar, or within the logon
>> box), and used it, on other releases, but it's nowhere to be seen on my
>> Fedora 17 install.
>>

> If you are using gdm, there should be one.  It is difficult to get a
> screenshot before logging in, otherwise I could try showing.
>
> --
> Suvayu

On F17 and F18, the option to choose which WM you want doesn't come up
until after you click on a user's name. Then there's a little drop-down
menu called Session that appears. You should see all of your options
there, with the one you last used selected (dot next to the entry).

. . . . just my two cents
/mde/