A Look at Fedora 18

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:33:36 UTC 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

> Nowhere on the logon screen is anything that gives you a
> desktop choice.
>
> I've seen that kind of option (either in a taskbar, or within the logon
> box), and used it, on other releases, but it's nowhere to be seen on my
> Fedora 17 install.

Although this thread is about F18, GDM with F17 shows the "Session"
selector field in the same way as F18. Once you choose the user to
log in, the field appears below the password box.

I've used it frequently with F17 to switch between GNOME and Openbox
(yum -y install openbox).