A Look at Fedora 18

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 23:28:24 UTC 2013

On 17 January 2013 20:52, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Michael Schwendt:
>
> Tim:
>>> There isn't.  Nowhere on the logon screen is anything that gives you
>>> a desktop choice.
>
> Suvayu Ali
>> If you are using gdm, there should be one.
>
> Oh no there isn't.... (panto voice)...  Seriously, there is absolutely
> nothing to let me pick desktops.

Oh yes th... hang on, panto season's over.
In F17 I don't get the session chooser unless there are alternative
desktops available[1]. I think it's the GDM login I've got, but could
be wrong. Michael Schwendt's comment could be the package that
registers Mate.

[1] As in, when I installed KDE to test some things I got the session
drop-down during log in, but having removed it again I don't have the
option anymore.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk