fedup major fail

Mark Eggers mdeggers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:54:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:46:20 -0500, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 09:54:40AM -0500, JOYCE POLZIN wrote:
>> What happens if you use the iso option and point to the iso file on
>> your HD presuming that you haven't deleted it??
>
> I had used that method when I upgraded my laptop on Tuesday. I ended up
> being dropped into emergency mode and had to eventually install F18 from
> DVD.
>
> For other machines (two physical machines, one virtual machine) running
> F17 I was able to upgrade withou any issue. But for them I used:
>
> fedup-cli --network 18
>
> instead of pointing to an ISO.
>
> --
> Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
> http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
> "What do you care what people think, Mr. Feynman?"

Hmm, I upgraded my laptop the other day using the install DVD. It was a
bit of a pain because I run mostly KDE which was borked until I did a yum
distro-sync and got everything updated.

I didn't point to the raw device, but instead I pointed to the mounted
media:

--device /run/media/[user-name]/Fedora\ 18\ x86_64

as per documentation.

The command switch is a bit misleading, since with device you might think
to point to /dev/sr0 instead of the mount point.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/