which repos for fedora 18

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Jan 18 18:48:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 11:32 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:29:19AM -0500, FMcCormick wrote:
> > I noticed today that on Fedora 18 the Fedora-updates-testing repo is
> > not enabled. Should it be ??
>
> It isn't by default, but it's very helpful if you enable it to help test the
> packages that go into it, so that bugs are caught before they hit the
> general updates repo.

I subscribe to the test list at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/test, which publishes
announcements of what's been added to the test repositories.  When
there's something that I use regularly or that bears on a bug I'm
following, I enable the testing repo to update that component.
Generally, I don't want to run test versions of everything in sight on a
production machine, though.
--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Math Sciences