Use existing Partition without formatting when installing F18 ?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Jan 18 23:41:55 UTC 2013

Oncaphillis wrote:
> Previous to Fedora 18 I used to share the /boot/ partition /dev/sda1
> between two systems (e.g F17 and F16) Now It only seems to be possible
> to format partitions before you can add it to the installation.
>
> Any trick around this ?

Haven't seen one yet, if there's a way to save stuff other than install without
it and hack fstab after you get up, I haven't seen it. Be of good cheer, someone
will find a way, or release an install disk with a sane partition manager, or
something.

Read some of the resent threads, lots of us have this problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>