Grub2 installation after upgrading to F18

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sat Jan 19 02:29:49 UTC 2013

I have two machines with atypical disk layouts that I am upgrading to
F18.  (So far, I've upgraded three using fedup network with no
significant issues other than this question.)

     1. I have a machine with two drives and software RAID 1.  Do I need
        to do anything special as far as installing grub2 on the second
        drive?  Do I need to bother at all?
     2. I have a laptop with Windows 7 installed at the factory. When I
        installed Fedora before, I installed grub in the /boot partition
        rather than in the MBR and made /boot the active boot partition.
        What's the best strategy here for installing grub2?  In the MBR?
        Is it safe to install in /boot?

Thanks.
--
Matthew Saltzman