Grub2 installation after upgrading to F18

Jorge Martínez López jorgeml at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 17:37:07 UTC 2013

Hi!

2013/1/19 Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu>

> I have two machines with atypical disk layouts that I am upgrading to
> F18.  (So far, I've upgraded three using fedup network with no
> significant issues other than this question.)
>
>      1. I have a machine with two drives and software RAID 1.  Do I need
>         to do anything special as far as installing grub2 on the second
>         drive?  Do I need to bother at all?

I have the same setup and every time there is a grub update I run:
# grub2-install /dev/sda
# grub2-install /dev/sdb
being /dev/sda and /dev/sdb the two hard drives in the RAID. It is
important to install grub on /dev/sdb too because if /dev/sda fails your
system will not boot.

Greetings,
--
Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml at gmail.com> http://www.jorgeml.net