Switch to KDE on Fedora 18

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jan 20 00:38:04 UTC 2013

On 01/19/2013 04:29 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> it is a VERY bad idea for someone who simply wants KDE
>
> why should someone install some hundret MB of
> software and dependecies just for fun?

I don't do kernel development, but I need to have kernel-devel and
kernel-headers installed.  (At least I think I need both of them.  I do
know that I need at least one of those two installed.)  That's because I
have an nVidia graphics card and use akmod-nvidia, which needs them.  My
thought was that the OP might find out the hard way that some of the KDE
software expects some of that to be available, but I wasn't sure.
That's why I said that he *might* want it installed.