Installer inadequacies

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 20 13:48:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 14:50 -0700, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
> Another idiocy in the F18 installer is that there is no way to
> configure wireless connectivity if the WAP does not broadcast its
> SSID. Clicking on the configure button does nothing unless you select
> an entry from the drop down list.  You don't even get a message saying
> you need to select a wireless connection.

Yeah, well, when you break networking by not broadcasting the SSID, what
do you expect?

SSID is a normal, and expected, part of wireless networking.
Hiding it is not a security solution, of any kind.

Hiding it is an idiocy promulgated by dimwits who have no idea what
they're talking about.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686