F17 -> F18 Laptop Problems

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jan 20 20:12:19 UTC 2013

On 01/20/2013 11:33 AM, Dave Cross wrote:
> So currently I'm booted back into my Fedora 17 installation (that
> thinks it might be Fedora 18) pondering what my next move would be. I
> suppose I could just backup all of my data and trash the existing
> installation. But I'd be disappointed if I can't work out a way to
> reuse the /home partition.

Have you tried using package-cleanup?  When I migrated my desktop from
F14 to F16 it hung and for about a week I was only able to get into text
mode.  There were a large number of dupes, and I ended up cleaning them
up manually, a few at a time because package-cleanup seemed to choke on
such a large number of issues.  (Of course, it might just have taken
longer than I realized to work.)  Depending on how much time you have,
it might be worth trying.