fedup: it's full of stars

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:47:06 UTC 2013

On 01/21/2013 01:26 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 21 January 2013 15:32, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht:
>> I assumed that it's just stupidly copying Windows, in a monkey-see,
>> monkey-do fashion.  As seems to be the current trend of programmers
>> wanting a free version of Windows, rather than an alternative OS.
>>
> And I assumed it's a user-expectations thing. People expect a OS to
> look 'professional', if it starts up with rows of text it can look
> unfriendly and re-enforce the 'geeks-only' image. Though really I'm
> guessing and it may not be the reason.

Would this be considered a "preference"?.....since the OS actually
works...does it matter if there's a splash screen or text scrolling up
through the screen upon bootup?....I've never really paid attention to
the splash screens that much....I much prefer to keep it all "quiet" and
just have a black screen, some people prefer to "see" what's going on
while the machine is booting up....others want a pretty animation.....I
guess that's all moot hmmm?

EGO II