Battery life improved with F18

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 02:25:38 UTC 2013

Check in command line too, the acpi/bat0 available in cli either. If
it says the same, then you win. But ordinary laptops average is not
more just 3-4 hours (or with huge battery longer, but thats rare),
some netbooks more, and smartbooks (ARM) logically has the longest
cca. 5-10 hours. Are you sure that your platform is that such?

2013/1/21 William Murray <bill.murray at cern.ch>:
>    Thanks guys,
>               I don't know what you did, but after upgrading my laptop
> FC17->FC18 I
> saw a 5 hr battery life being quoted - I never saw that long before.
>
> It may be something to do with optimus? My nvidia video card is not working
> inF18 as there
> is no bumblebee rpm yet, but maybe someone worked out how to switch it off
> by default?
> (suits me). Anyway, I'm happy!
>       Bill
>

> --
> Bill Murray                     ----                       ATLAS
> STFC RAL at: Bat 40 4-C28, CERN,1211 Meyrin, Geneve 23, Switzerland
>   Tel:- CERN +41 22 7678432    or  RAL +44 (0)1235 446256
>
> --

PGP:  06853DF7