Where is the detailed docs on firewalld?

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Tue Jan 22 03:38:11 UTC 2013

Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan <at> gmail.com> writes:

Lots of SNIPPING
> From
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD?rd=FirewallD/#Direct_options
>
>         The arguments <args> of the passthrough option are the same as
>         the corresponding iptables, ip6tables and ebtables arguments.
>
> poc

So, could I just write a shell script that reads my /etc/sysconfig/iptables file
and does a passthrough call for each rule?  And then go through the dainbramage
to get systemctl to execute rc.local to get it executed at startup?

I'm not so much worried about normal rules like opening a specific port as
custom rules like filtering malformed packets, disallowing multiple connect
attempts from the same IP address, etc.

Somehow I don't see the GUI as letting me craft rules like:

# The next two rules prevent non-standard TCP packets from evading the firewall.

-A INPUT -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,FIN SYN,FIN -j LOG --log-prefix "packet with
FIN+SYN rec'd: "
-A INPUT -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,FIN SYN,FIN -j DROP

Cheers,
Dave