fedora 16, ext4 corruption

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:08:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Is anyone else seeing problems with F16 ext4? I recently moved my
install onto a new harddisc (which is reporting SMART is fine after
running a full test) and did that by making a new ext4 fs (previously
ext3) then rsyncing across. I'm now seeing occasional system 'freezes'
(not hard freezes, but programs can fail to start or freeze. Yesterday
the desktop completely stopped, but I was able to switch to a virtual
console). dmesg reports errors to do with failing to write the journal
and remounting read-only. On reboot an fsck is required, which finds
some fixable problems. Obviously I'm wondering if it's the OS or the
new disc. Was planning an F18 install soon which might help with one
problem but not the other.
Don't know if it's the 'ext4 data corruption bug' or if that's been
fixed. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTIxNDQ

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk