The changing Fedora

Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:25:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> If you are trying to keep a system running to get work done without big
> changes you want Centos rather than Fedora - definitely.

Even then, I'm not so sure any more. My recent CentOS 6 install was a
pretty horrendous experience, and I still can't get a lot of stuff
working (network printing and scanning, for example). I'm starting to
think that RHEL5 and somewhere around F14 was a high point for Linux
and it's all been heading downhill since then :-( Stuff that used to
work out of the box no longer does, and they've removed the tools that
I used to use to fix things.

Tet

--
"Java is a DSL for taking large XML files and converting them to stack
traces" -- Bulat Shakirzyanov