scan a document into a pdf

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jan 22 17:13:52 UTC 2013

JOYCE POLZIN wrote:

> On 21.01.2013 19:05, JOYCE POLZIN wrote:
>  > Is there an application other than gscan2pdf (which doesn't work)
>
> have a look at xsane, works for me.
> -Jens
>
> So how do you get the Portable Document Format (PDF) files readable in windoze?
> Other linux machines don;t have an issue reading them but the minute I send one
> to a windows user or file share both FoxIt and Adobe report that the file either
> is not a pdf or is damaged.

I'm suspicious that there is an issue in xsane, since pdf I create with other
tools work really well for both Windows and Mac. What does pdfinfo say about the
file, anything useful? I swear I had a command called pdftopdf which was useful
for bad stuff others sent me, but I can't find it, it is/was part of cups.

I use other software to write pdf, so I can't give you any more info that that.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>