The changing Fedora

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Tue Jan 22 18:58:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 02:12:37PM -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Alexander Volovics
> <a.volovic at upcmail.nl> wrote:

> > Neither KVM nor VirtualBox can present the virtual machine in
> > the same 16:9 fullscreen format as your primary OS.

> Are you implying that Virtualbox doesn´t have a full screen mode?
> Because, believe me, I have used it on Windows hosts to run Linux full
> screen.

I could run VirtualBox full screen allright but the actual guest
screen was in 4:3 ratio and I couldn't get 16:9 ratio.
So there were 2 large black bars on either side.

However that was some time ago (F16 had just come out).
I have not tried VB recently.

I have just installed Ubuntu 13.04 (alpha, daily build) in F18
using KVM and 'virt-manager' and now I can get 16:9 fullscreen
with KVM.

But it performs a bit slow and shaky. I don't know if this is
due to virtualization or the alpha status of Ubuntu 13.04 or both.

Performance wise I would say that dual boot is preferable.

AV