Boot Fedora 18 from LiveCD ISO file

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:34:11 UTC 2013

2013/1/22 Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us>

> On 01/22/2013 05:27 AM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
>

>> No, the question is Why must we do it?  ;) Why must we use a disc when
>> install from a file is feasible, it's a pity that Fedora lacks this
>> feature
>>

> No, the question was "Why?" and that's what I meant because the best way
> for us to help you is to know why you're trying to do it.  Just knowing
> that you want to install off of an .iso doesn't tell us enough; depending
> on what results you want, there may be a better way.  In your case,
> however, it looks like you simply want to learn how to do it because it
> looks like it should be possible.  OK, fine.  Now we know that there's not
> some odd bit of hardware you're trying to work around or something.  Good
> luck!
>
> --

Please Joe, if you don't know the answer to my question don't try to be
sarcastic, thanks Edward for your useful answer!. I always addressed with
respect. And you say "we" who are "we/us"? Why don't limit to say "I/me"?
I've said that it could be nice not have to burn a disc to install freshly
a new release, it's no so hare-brained what I'm asking. Many distros can do
that. Also as it was mentioned in a earlier thread, optical disc are going
to be less and less ubiquitous. The another alternatives are:
1) Depend on stable and high bandwidth (do you now that in many countries
it's a problem?)
2) Depend on another device (eg usb stick)
3) Something crazy as PXE
4) Download a large DVD iso (and use fedup)

So the idea is that it could be handy can't Fedora users install using a
somewhat small iso, boot from it and install the new release.

Further sarcastic answer will be sent do /dev/null

Greetings

Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org