f18: nautilus: how to re-enable tree view in "view item as a list" and some other function.

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Wed Jan 23 10:42:38 UTC 2013

Il giorno mar, 22/01/2013 alle 14.47 -0500, Paul W. Frields ha scritto:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 06:21:37PM +0100, Dario Lesca wrote:
> > Nautilus 3.6.x ...
> >
> > The [+] to the left of the folders in "view item as a list" mode is
> > gone....
>
> You mean to get something like a tree list view?
Yes, this with previous version was done by clicking on the + or > (or -
to close the tree) to left of all folder.
I want simple re-enable this function via some trick or options.

> > The total disk free space in bottom status bar, when click on blank
> > zone, is gone....
>
> You can select "Properties" from the gear button; or from
> right-clicking a folder tree button, any folder icon, or a blank area
> in icon view for a free space measurement.
Yes, but into the previous version this info was always visible to the
bottom of windows (status area).
I want simple re-enable this function via some trick or options.

> > The function menu is gone (to top left, yes, but not when the focus is
> > on the other windows)...
>
> Not sure what function you're looking for here?
Ok, is not a function, is a functionality.
Into the previous version, when I have 2 (or more) windows open, and
focus point to !nautilus, I can't use the nautilus menu, I must point
the focus non nautilus to do that.
I want simple re-enable this functionality via some trick or options.

> > The button "up to the previous folder" (cd ..) is gone...
>
> You can use the folder tree buttons for this -- in other words, if you
> open Music, you'll see [Home][Music], and you can just click on [Home]
> for this.
I do not use the pathbar, the folder sequence button (this is not a tree
button), I use the location entry.
In the previous version there is in tools bar a specific button (arrow
point Up) for do a "cd ..".
I want simple re-enable this functionality via some trick or options.

> The Alt+Up shortcut also still works for this.
Ok, this work, and substitute the [<--] button, thanks.
Now I'm looking for a trick to put the button Up into status bar.

If it is not possible in any way rehabilitate some of these missing
features, I will have to make a report in bugzilla.

Thanks

Dario Lesca - sip:dario at solinos.it
(Inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 17 Gnome3)