Missing Functionality in New Anaconda

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:54:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:26:18 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> Dave Cross wrote:
> > I have a separate /home partition which contains all of my important
> > data. Therefore I want to do a new installation of Fedora 18 but reuse
> > the existing /home partition. In the old Anaconda that was simple. I'd
> > just use set up a customised partition layout, telling it to reuse the
> > /home partition and to do what it wanted with the rest of the disk.
> > But I can't work out how to do that on the new version of Anaconda.
> > The new partitioning sets up this artificial distinction between the
> > old Fedora 17 installation and the new Fedora 18 one and I can't see
> > how to tell the new installation to use a partition from the old one.
>
> Can you try setting the F17 /home mount point to /home? It should move
> it from F17 to F18.

It's exactly that. It doesn't "move" it, though, but reuses it.
I also used a shared /home, and since it's listed for the other
recognized "Linux" installations, I unfold one of those and fill in
the mount-point at the right side of the screen.

--
Fedora release 19 (Rawhide) - Linux 3.8.0-0.rc4.git1.1.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.04 0.05 0.05