a list of Fedora 18 package names?

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Wed Jan 23 15:44:41 UTC 2013

On 01/23/2013 03:08 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:37:40PM +0100, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
>>>   http://fedora.inode.at/fedora/linux/releases/18/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/
>>> There's a lot of them... ;-)
>> And someone decided to split them in 30 directories for no reason.
>
> Not for no reason. Directories with a very large number of files place undue
> strain on the mirrors.

Mirrors are afraid of having 25000 files in a dir? Really, in 2013?

Split directories make it impossible to search for something in your browser
(in fact, I see Fernando is complaining about that in another message).

This is particularly annoying when the first char fails to keep together
related pieces:

  compat-readline
  libreadline
  readline
  mingw32-readline
  perl-Term-Readline-Gnu

(yes, I hate 10-messages/page forums too :-) )
(I usually set them to show 500 messages, then they store the pref in a cookie,
than I find something on Google, it goes to page=3 and the message Google has seen
is not on the page I'm seeing! arghhhh )

Regards.
   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it