Missing Functionality in New Anaconda

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Jan 23 22:21:04 UTC 2013

> /home? There's a "Reformat" checkbox right of the mount-point field.
> There are also other fields one would need to activate explicitly before
> one could choose them (e.g. the filesystem when reformatting).

Yes.  I've been reading about problems with the new anaconda's
partitioning and mounting where people haven't been able to select a
partition for /home without formatting it.  (Apparently the checkbox
telling it not to format the partition is grayed out.)  I was suggesting
a possible work around for cases where you wanted to preserve the
contents of /home and anaconda was insisting on reformatting it.