Procmail issue

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 02:50:51 UTC 2013

On 2013/01/23 15:28, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Ok, I'm still trying to figure this out.  On the new, test account, i can get it
> to log so I just need to figure out the other two.  However, I recreated the
> same recipe on the test account and what I'm seeing in the log is the first part
> of the recipe only, it doesn't seem to do anything with the second part.
>
> So this (adjusted for the test account):
>
> LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail
> VERBOSE=yes
>
> :0
> mytest at pcraft.com <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com>
> * !^From.*kirash4 at gmail.com <mailto:kirash4 at gmail.com>
> * !^To.*mytest at papillon.pcraft.com <mailto:ashley at papillon.pcraft.com>
> ! kirash4 at gmail.com <mailto:ashley at gmail.com>
>
> :0c
> mytest at pcraft.com <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com>
> ! salesdept at pcraft.com <mailto:salesdept at pcraft.com>

Ashley, it might pay to explicitly say, in words, what you think you
want to do if the first rule passes, if the first rule does not pass
and the second rule passes, and if neither rule passes.

As it is your description of passing the first rule is the correct
action for what you've developed as a rule. You have delivered the
email and rule processing ceases at that point. So you might have
to clone the output of the first rule to pass it to the second rule
IF that is the action you want based on your disappointment at these
rules doing what you told them to do.

{^_^}