Fedora Live CD Spins - Are They Safe?

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:24:25 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 04:31 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 24.01.2013 03:50, schrieb Temlakos:
>>> official: fedup
>>> reality: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18
>>>

>> That's what I was after: reality. And reality is that at least fifty percent of all users are fed up with fedup.
> who cares, 90 percent are using windows at all :-)
>
>> Now then: I set myself up as a "sudoer." (That is, I'm a member of group "wheel" and can issue "sudo" commands.)
>> Why does the method you linked to, recommend using the "su" method, that is, "becoming root" with every single
>> command?
> no idea
>
> i find both dumb
> "su -" and get a root shell
>
>> Do those commands not respond to "sudo"?
>>
>> Finally: I sense that I don't really have all the written commands
> which ones would you not have and why

I read the "fedora-update" script. It goes into a lot more detail.

The three commands listed seem to do nothing more than to update one
application, that being yum, and then to do post-update cleanup on all
applications. Where is the command to install the Fedora 18 versions?

So I think, when I can block out enough time, that I will install and
run that "fedora-update" script.

Temlakos