humble suggestion to Fedora developers

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Jan 24 16:25:46 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 03:38 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 15:29:23 -0500,
>    Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I'd rather we spent more effort on how figuring out how we can
> efficiently develop changes that will take longer than one release to
> get done.

By decoupling these works from the Fedora N+1-release process.

One way to achieve this would be to branch Fedora N+1 off from Fedora N
instead of rawhide and then to cherry-pick those packages from rawhide
which are supposed to be "ready" into Fedora N+1.

As this would be quite some work, an alternative would be add an other
rawhide-like distro layer (unstable devel) above current rawhide (stable
devel).

Ralf