Procmail issue

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jan 24 19:09:46 UTC 2013

Yeah.  I realize that's probably what's getting jdow confused as well.
Hopefully my previous message explains it better.  One bit I forgot to add,
was something jdow asked, 'what happens if someone e-mails
kirash4 at gmaildirectly'

GMail forwards it back to my @pcraft domain.  And that too will have the
X-Forwarded-For header in it.  So yes, the *only* messages that should
reach the second part of the recipe, are those who have gone through the
GMail loop (and therefore will contain the X-Forwarded-For header).  Those
messages are the ones I'm wanting to a) drop in my mailbox and b) send a
copy to a co-worker.

Also asked was, why not use CC or BCC or a simple forward.  I tried the
forward path.  Thing is, that happens both when the message arrives the
first time as well as the second time, after getting filtered.  So that
won't work.

As for CC and BCC, I can't ask everyone and every list to send a CC/BCC to
my coworker.  That's just insane.  Hence this approach to let procmail do
it for me.

So yes, I am well aware that I need to make a copy of the message to send
to my coworker.  THAT's the part I can't figure out.  It needs to happen
only when it comes back from GMail, not before.