Battery life improved with F18

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 24 22:12:08 UTC 2013

>>      Thanks guys,
>>                 I don't know what you did, but after upgrading my laptop
>> FC17->FC18 I
>> saw a 5 hr battery life being quoted - I never saw that long before.
>>
> Hello!
>
>             It happened to me too.  Now I have 4 hours of battery
> life, when in Fedora 17 used to have around of 2 hours.
>
> Thank you very much people!!!
>

> /Regards from the south,/
> */Lailah/*

Same here.
I made a bootable USB stick and installed Fedora 18 on an old Dell1520.
Installation and updating was a breeze, no brainer really.
With the previous ubuntu install we could not get battery to above 83% -
Fedora it goes to 100% and shows 5 hours life.
BUT I do not think this to be correct. Too many are reporting laptops
with 5+ hours.
At 83% battery life was 1 hour and 19 minutes, then at 100% it's 5 +hours.
Will  test today
Roger