Sound gone from yum upgrade from F17->F18

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Jan 25 01:32:08 UTC 2013

Hello,

I did an upgrade using:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18

and it was generally smooth and successful, which generally made me
ecstatic, until the two issues (from what I can tell up to now) came up:

1. Sound is gone. I have looked around all over, but am
unable to figure out what the problem is.

2. SELinux: My SELinux claims it is disabled. Here is what happens when
I try to change it:

$sudo setenforce 1
[sudo] password for:
setenforce: SELinux is disabled

There are a couple of minor issues, but I think these major ones are
most important to me at this point.

Any help/suggestions?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional