F18: Update problems ?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jan 25 05:20:51 UTC 2013

On 01/25/2013 10:31 AM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> On 25 January 2013 00:51, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com <mailto:Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/25/2013 08:32 AM, Aaron Gray wrote:
>     > Is anyone experiencing update problems with Fedora at the moment ?
>     >
>     > I keep getting restarts and Gnome 3 boot failures into old desktop.
>     >
>     > Then restart and I get Gnome 3 again after a restart and then it wants to do updates again.
>     >
>     > And the whole thing goes in a circle.
>
>     I've got a VM running Gnome 3 24/7 for testing and having no problems.
>
>     Errors to show us?
>

> Thanks for the reply. I need to know what logs to supply. I am not used to Gnome 3 or system or any of the new fangled things since old Fedora 14. Its all a bit new to me.

Not yet sure what logs may be relevant....  But, you said you're getting "boot failures" and "restarts".  Could you describe a bit more what you mean by that?

Years ago I had a "restart" problem where my system would spontaneously reboot....mostly when I wasn't looking.  Turned out to be a power supply problem....

A bit more information may help to narrow the search for answers.