how uncover what and why start chronyd?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 25 11:50:09 UTC 2013

Am 25.01.2013 12:41, schrieb Frantisek Hanzlik:
>> Check to see if you have the chrony-wait.service enabled.
>
> 'systemctl status chrony-wait.service' :
> chrony-wait.service - Wait for chrony to synchronize system clock
>           Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/chrony-wait.service; disabled)
>           Active: inactive (dead)
>           CGroup: name=systemd:/system/chrony-wait.service
>
> It's disabled too. And it looks like this run only chronyc, which
> perhaps should not start chronyd.(?)
>
> One more thing: I have in /etc/rc.d/rc.local called ntpdate with
> some external servers (1.cz.pool.ntp.org 2.cz.pool.ntp.org
> 3.cz.pool.ntp.org). But this should not trigger chronyd, yes?

why do you not type "yum remove chrony" to uninstall this crap
as any unused packge should be removed from a system excatly
because what you are having: problems which hardly can
be triggered by non existing things

i am pretty sure some dbus activation triggers this
all these dbus-activations are uncontrollable crap for me
if i want a serivice started i enable it, if not i disable it
there is nothing in between