Where is the detailed docs on firewalld?

William Brown william at firstyear.id.au
Fri Jan 25 13:46:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 23:59 -0500, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> On 01/20/2013 10:34 PM, David Highley wrote:
> > If we are expected to switch to firewalld we need to understand in
> > detail how it works. So far I see a GUI and empty XML files with little
> > information about how to do anything other than run firewall-cmd to add
> > or delete specific rules.
> >
> > This really needs documentation so we can understand how it works and
> > maybe compare situations with iptables that we are to migrate from so
> > that we all do not have to figure this out from scratch. I'm not really
> > complaining, just think we need more information so we can move forward
> > and hopefully not make mistakes. Thanks for the help.
> >
> I just looked at this a few minutes ago.  The docs (such as they are)
> are in the fedoraproject Wiki.
>         https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD/
>
> HTH
> --
> G.Wolfe Woodbury
> redwolfe at gmail.com

The wiki is good for the most part, but critically, documentation
regarding masquerading is absent. Given that "NAT" is never "straight
forwards" this should have some detailed documentation added. Otherwise,
I think it's quite complete on that wiki, and the man page.

--
Sincerely,

William Brown

pgp.mit.edu