XFCE Weather app can't find me - FC18

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 08:16:14 UTC 2013

On 01/27/2013 06:00 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I think I have the extra apps loaded for xfce, but the weather app
> searching for something near Schenectady NY just says "Searching" and
> does nothing visible. FC17 found a station on Libarty St, three blocks
> from me, which updates frequently. What did I forget to install?
>
> I noticed that fc17 had libgweather installed, so I added it in case the
> dependency was missed. No change. So either the applet is broken or they
> are using a much smaller list, or it's broken. Before I submit a bug,
> I'll ask here if I'm just doing it wrong.

Heya,

'xfce4-weather-plugin' is libweather.so[1] per se :)
Grasp the code from git[2], it should work.
…
weather-Message: getting
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=Schenectady%20NY&format=xml
weather-Message: getting
http://api.yr.no/weatherapi/sunrise/1.0/?lat=42.809545;lon=-74.021672;date=2013-01-27
weather-Message: getting
http://api.yr.no/weatherapi/locationforecastlts/1.1/?lat=42.809545;lon=-74.021672;msl=143
…

I'm cc'ing Christoph[3] regarding package update[4].

Cheers,
poma

[1] rpm -q --provides xfce4-weather-plugin
[2] git clone git://git.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Cwickert#Maintainer
[4] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4205