Display rates -

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 18:04:43 UTC 2013

On 1/27/2013 11:50 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>    I've just changed a monitor and need to set the resolution to 1680 x
>    1050 @60Hz [ViewSonic VX2035WM].
>
>    XFCE display settings offers nothing higher than 1024 x 758 @60Hz
>    which it seems to default to.
>
>    The Gigabyte motherboard shows a max. of 1920 x 1200. I looked in
>    the BIOS settings and don't see anything I recognize as setting this
>    although I may have missed something I suppose.
>
>    The system runs F-18/64 and XFCE as I said. This is a new problem to
>    me, usually video settings just work without my attention, I haven't
>    used this monitor before and perhaps it does not identify itself? Dunno.
>
>    Suggestions appreciated,
>
>    Bob
>
>    --
>    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
>
>    box9   Fedora-18 Linux

Good luck with this Bob but if you listen you can hear the crickets.

For me  through three 'name brand' monitors Fedora has always suxed at
finding the correct monitor resolution. Windows and several other Linux
distrobutions do *not* have this problem. For me they find the
monitor(s) and setup just fine.

When the application named   system-config-display   was still available
it would allow the setting to be configured correctly. Since the wizards
at Fedora killed it that is no longer an option.

--

  David