Display rates -

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:35:03 UTC 2013

On 1/27/2013 1:19 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 27.01.2013 19:04, schrieb David:
>> When the application named   system-config-display   was still available
>> it would allow the setting to be configured correctly. Since the wizards
>> at Fedora killed it that is no longer an option
>
> welcome to the new "all is working automatically" attitude

Yeah. Thanks.

I stuck around for several releases hoping that someone would fix this.
But no. Nothing.

It does not really make any difference but I have found a different
Linux distribution, one of the ones that I mentioned in my first post,
that actually finds and configures my monitor. It has done so for years.
It finds it as a 'Generic' monitor but all of the settings are made
correctly. Automatically. In their 'Display Setup' I can find my monitor
by manufacturer name and model along with a more complete listing of the
exact settings.

I keep wondering why o don't switch. Masochist i guess.  :-(

--

  David