Display rates -

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:52:36 UTC 2013

On 1/27/2013 4:07 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> On 01/27/2013 03:35 PM, David wrote:
>> It does not really make any difference but I have found a different
>> Linux distribution, one of the ones that I mentioned in my first
>> post, that actually finds and configures my monitor. It has done so
>> for years. It finds it as a 'Generic' monitor but all of the
>> settings are made correctly. Automatically. In their 'Display
>> Setup' I can find my monitor by manufacturer name and model along
>> with a more complete listing of the exact settings.
>>
>> I keep wondering why o don't switch. Masochist i guess.  :-(
>>

>> -- David
>
> Many of us don't switch because of this mail list ... Expert help is
>  invaluable.

Perhaps.

There is an excellent list for the distro that I am considering. And
*no* it is *not* Ubuntu
or any of it's off shoots,

I see much good help here mostly. But the 'other list' seldom offers
'try this it  work' suggestions since most of the answers are from the
actual developers and package
maintainers. They follow their one list closely.

Good luck with your problem. IMHO?  Reindl Harald's is the best
suggestion so far. However you need to have the knowledge to write your
own init script for you system's video to use his suggestion.
--

  David