humble suggestion to Fedora developers

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 22:10:36 UTC 2013

On 01/27/2013 05:00 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/27/2013 01:44 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> I like your ideas J.Z....(LoL!) like I know of a few distros that have
>> their "long term support" versions that are stable, and the packages and
>> apps have all been tested and have been proven to work. Then they also
>> have their "ex[experimental / developing" distros which include a lot of
>> apps and software that may-or-may-not work as expected.
>
> Thanx.  AIUI, Fedora does have an experimental version: Rawhide. Alas,
> I'm beginning to get the impression that things are taken from Rawhide
> and dropped into the mainstream version before they're ready.  If
> anybody on this list is involved in Fedora development and would like
> to correct me, feel free; I'm always interested in learning something
> new.
That would truly be a shame! I have used Fedora since 13/14.....and I've
loved every version of it! But if they start cranking out something that
isn't "reliable" enough for me to work on daily.....I might have to
either stick with F17 (which will eventually leave me "stranded" on a
distro that won't receive updates anymore!) or else I'd have to jump
ship and move to something else...which would really be a shame because
I'm a "loyalist"....in which case....since I've been here for so long
I'm kind of devoted to 'em...(I have t-shirts....stickers....coffee mugs
etc. wih the famout Fedora "F" logo!) But I will wait and see if F19
comes out and "levels" off....I'm thinking they might have just been in
a bit if a hurry to get F18 out the door....since it was already late to
the party! Only time will tell...

EGO II

P.S  -Sorry about the "J.Z." thing...I was in a rush to get my response
to you...(had to reboot my machine and didn't want to wait until after
wards!!)