Syncevolution: will not sync local contact data with could

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Mon Jan 28 01:51:22 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I've been using a Memotoo, a cloud-based service, for syncing data between
my desktop and devices.

However, while using syncevolution's gui I get the following message:
There is problem w/ the local database; syncing again or rebooting may
help

Syncing again doesn't help; rebooting (the machine?) doesn't either (is
there something else - evolution-data-server? - that can be rebooted).

Digging deeper there is the following message:
[2013-01-27 20:35:40.237] error code from
SyncEvolution fatal error (local, status 10500): addressbook: reading all
items: Cannot get contact list: Contact not found

So, it seems that some sort of index or file has been corrupted. Is there
a way of rebuilding it?

Currently, I have no problems working w/ my contacts/addressbook in
Evolution itself.

I also have no problem syncing my calendar to Memotoo.

Much thanks in advance for all advice and suggestions,

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com