Display rates -

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Jan 28 03:06:00 UTC 2013

On 01/27/2013 06:02 PM, David wrote:
> Or? Well you could use a distro that actually works without searching
> Google and volumes of text files.

Bad or missing resolutions are pretty much always invalid EDID
information provided by the hardware.  Windows tends to use information
provided by the INF files to correct bad data, where X.org expects
hardware to provide information that's accurate.  I'd agree that the
ability to read errata in the form of an INF would be an appropriate
addition to X.org, but I hardly thing that behaving according to the
limitations that hardware indicates means that X.org or Fedora is
broken.  Hardware that provides bad EDID clearly is.