firewalld v. libvirtd

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Mon Jan 28 03:29:23 UTC 2013

Just took the leap in to Fedora 18 from 17.

In Fedora 17, I simply added a custom rule in the old
system-config-firewall to point to a file that had a trust of the
libvirt based virbr0 interface.

The new system-config-firewall has me a bit confused....

I would like to keep the new firewalld and it's initial presumption that
my em1 and wlan0 interfaces are in the "public" zone generally not
allowing unsolicited inbound activity. This appears to be the default
OOBE.

I would like to associate the virbr0 interface, created by libvirtd, to
be considered part of the "internal" zone, since I "trust" my own VMs
talking to the host. But, what is the "supportable" method for
accomplishing this? There is no ifcfg- where I could put the firewall
zone....

Thanks in advance,

--Rob