F18: Update problems ?

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 28 03:36:07 UTC 2013

On 01/26/2013 04:02 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Sorry I decided to do a netboot reinstall and everything seems fine now.
> There maybe a problem with updates from the install DVD or I may have had a
> system problem, or I may have been hacked. My Windows 8 has been hacked on
> 3 occasions now over the last three days.

you should consider setting up firewalls on both systems, and install
'rootkit hunter'.

configure the firewalls to not allow anything that is not originated
by your system.

also, give consideration to installing 'wireshark network analyzer' so
you can record what is happening.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,