F18: post-friday updates + ssh ports + iptables

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Jan 28 21:01:58 UTC 2013

So, I have a strange problem which I can't figure out. After Friday's
updates, I was unable to ssh into the machine with a nonstandard port.
I changed the port to the default and was able to get in. I was able to
resolve this only after stopping and starting iptables service.

Is this the norm? How is this fixed? I have never had to do this before.

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional