Error trying to install via BFO

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Mon Jan 28 23:04:34 UTC 2013

On 01/28/2013 03:02 PM, John Picard wrote:
> Attempting to install via BFO (boot.fedoraproject.org), I get the
> following output ...
>
> dracut-initqueue[310]: Warning: Could not boot.
> dracut-initqueue[310]: Warning: /dev/root does not exist
> Entering emergency mode. Exit the shell to continue.
> Type "journalctl" to view system logs.
> dracut:/#
>
> Any ideas what the problem is or how to address it?

just guessing, but that is the error I get when trying to boot using the
upgrade.img instead of the initrd.img.

Unfortunately, the upgrade.img, although in the pxeboot directory,
cannot be used to pxe boot.  It can only work when used from grub, and
is used that way by fedup.

The only other thing I can think of, is that the initrd.img does not
have the storage driver you need.

Good Luck!